We've Moved! Visit EverythingInsideMe.com for the latest content!

(This site remains active only for historical purposes.)

Our relocation happened September, 2010. Please update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A boy or a girl?????????

Tomorrow morning my wife and I get to find out if we are going to be having a boy or a girl in July.  Finally, my daughter and son can see who has had their prayers answered.  My daughter has desperately pleaded to God for a girl and my son keeps butting into her prayers by yelling "boy' every time she prays for a girl.  LOL!  I love it! My wife is ready to find out so I will finally talk about doing a room and picking out a name.  This time I have gone with the attitude that it is silly to discuss colors and names when half of my work will be for nothing once we find out.  OK! so maybe I am being a baby pooper but I will be happy with a boy or a girl.  Both come with their many blessings and both come with their share of craziness!!!  Luckily my daughter is only 8 so I have not gotten to the emotional teen years where I am sure I would be crying with my son for another boy!  :)

Through all of the "fun" of having a pregnant wife and being around several other pregnant women in our church I have noticed that having a baby is a lot of work and a lot of it is pretty much out of your control,  from the bigger belly, to the cravings, to the feeling of having a soccer player inside of you that thinks each organ is a ball to be played with, and not to mention the amount of time that little soccer player stays in there.  While you can take some measures to get him/her out early if needed it is important for the baby to stay in until it is fully developed.  It is funny sometimes listening to someone that is 7 or 8 months pregnant.  When they first became pregnant they were so excited and wanted to know when it was the size of a pea, then an orange, then a coconut. Now they  realize it is the size of a small planet (and growing) and they begin to say things like, "please get this thing out of me"and "I can't believe you did this to me"!!!  Not that I have ever heard this from my wonderful, beautiful and always in control of her pregnancy emotions wife :) but my friends have told me it does happen.

As a pregnancy typically lasts 9 months or the pregnancy is deemed premature, I believe sometimes God places dreams and desires deep inside of us that sometimes take time to develop and nurture. Sometimes immaturity causes us to try to rush things and get things done in our own timing and in our own natural ways.  Unfortunately a lot of people don't care if they birth something of God prematurely as long as they birth it.  Realize, that as the dream of God grows in you it may not get easier and right before something is birthed it is usually the hardest part.  Right now in the church I think we are seeing a lot of ministers and ministries that were born prematurely and it is one of the reasons they are struggling and on life support.  If you want to read a good story of someone who tried to birth something before it was ready check out Moses when he kills the Egyptian.  His motives were not really wrong but the way he handled it was.  It caused him to go into hiding for forty years.  Later he was led back to Egypt to finish what he had started 40 years earlier but this time it was done God's way.  Don't try to birth something prematurely.  Let it happen God's way and in God's timing!

1 comment:

  1. Very true and great comparison! congrats to you and your wife and let us know G or B!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete