We've Moved! Visit EverythingInsideMe.com for the latest content!

(This site remains active only for historical purposes.)

Our relocation happened September, 2010. Please update your bookmarks!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's a boy!

Here is a quick recap of the morning!  Got up at 6:30am and realized this is the first time I have had to get up for a baby in about 2 years.  Let the games begin!  Got my daughter up and she wondered why we had to schedule this ultrasound before the sun was even awake!  Good question!  We drove through wonderful Kansas City rush hour and I realized how great it is to not have to get on the highway in the morning to get to work.  I am too impatient to handle rush hour and women who drive with their knees so they can text, put make up on and drink their coffee on the way to work.  I am not even sure that they realize they are not in their kitchen anymore. 

Once we go to the hospital it was pretty easy.  We walked in and had a wonderful girl do the ultrasound that actually had a personality and made it a very enjoyable experience.  Not to mention that our kid was very cooperative.  I am hoping it will be the story of his life!  She asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby and we said yes.  About 2 seconds after she started the ultra sound she said "oh wow!  It's definitely a boy!"  From the pic it seemed pretty obvious.  As I was thinking about posting the picture my daughter begged me not too and said it was an invasion of his privacy. LOL!  Politically correct at the age of 8!  She seemed a little disappointed that the baby was not going to be a girl but she handled it pretty well.  She loves Drew so she is pretty sure that she will love this one too.  Everything else looked great and the baby seems to be doing good!  Now I guess I have to start thinking about names and how to do his room.  Maybe we should just open this up for suggestions and then we will vote on the name and the room when we get closer! 

4 comments:

  1. Please do not take it to vote. Or it will be Igor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both...and to Jordan and Drew! How exciting another boy...side note to Jordan from another only girl in a house full of boys, remember, there's nothing like daddy's little girl! :) BTW-I've always liked the name Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Dustin, you are hilarious! If I was in KC, I would throw my kitchen sink at you. ;P
    -E

    ReplyDelete