We've Moved! Visit EverythingInsideMe.com for the latest content!

(This site remains active only for historical purposes.)

Our relocation happened September, 2010. Please update your bookmarks!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Speak Life!

I heard someone say the other day that they felt like they were standing among the valley of dry bones when they were at church.  This is not the first time I have heard this but it really stood out to me this particular time. I think the reason it stood out to me was because when I read the story of Ezekiel standing in the midst of the dry bones something happens!  We use this scripture a lot to talk about the church and it as a dead sack of bones but remember that when it is told in Ezekiel, the bones come to life!  Not only that but Ezekiel is the one that is used to prophesy life back into them. 

Please do not tell me anymore that you are standing in the midst of dry bones (at work, your family, your church) if you are not about to prophesy life into them!  If you are not prophesying life then you are not standing in the midst of death but you are probably dead right along with them.  Notice in this story that God does not just take over and bring the bones back to life.  He actually tells Ezekiel to prophesy to the breath and after he does it that is when God breathes life back into them. 

If you find yourself in the middle of dry bones, stand up and SPEAK LIFE!

3 comments:

  1. Amen Dustin!! Keep fighting the good fight!! We love and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful word for our lives. Stop complaining and change it! Thanks for all your insight and the awesome songs the Lord is giving you that bring us right in to His presence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear truth in the call to prophesy to the dry bones. I cannot pray for revival fire to fall and remain silent while I wait. I began a blog in January that is read by a few people in the church we attend. I have tried to be more vocal in the Sunday School class I teach. The real question I struggle with is at what point do I switch from speaking out to leaving? It is a good church with good people doing good things, but as Pastor Steve has said, a good church without the Presence of God is still a dead church.

    ReplyDelete